Host an event
|To be in with the chance of winning a €250 membership voucher for your local participating leisure centre upload a picture/video of you participating in an NFD event. To enter tag the gym/leisure centre pool/facility that you are participating in and @irelandactive on the 24th September|
|Entries valid for the 24th September only, entries after will not be counted. One entry per participant. Only valid in participating Ireland Active centres|
· Upload your picture/video of getting involved in National Fitness Day
· Tag the facility and @irelandactive to be in with the chance of winning a €250 membership voucher for that club!
Participating Ireland Active members across the country will open their facilities on National Fitness Day to welcome new and exisiting members to join in this annual celebration of fitness!
Facilities in the previous year have offered free activities, and a range of taster sessions including yoga, aqua-aerobics, group exercise, Pilates, boxercise and fitness training run by qualified and registered fitness instructors. Open day, promotions or giveaways. How you celebrate National Fitness Day in your leisure centre, gym, swimming pool or exercise studio is entirely up to you. We will help you in the promotion and provide supports to get more people, more active, more often.
Eligible participating centres can be in with the chance of winning prizes on the day. We’ll have T-shirts, promotional materials and members of Ireland staff will be on the ground to visit a number of facilities on the day.
To get involved email email@example.com to find out more
Students are asked to challenge their teachers to see who is the fittest, the fastest and the strongest in the ‘Take on the Teachers Challenge’. The choice of challenge is up to your school (and public health advice compliant of course), this can include:
Penalty Shoot Out
… an activity of your choice!
Open to primary and secondary schools, for additional resources visit IPPEA
|Register your take on the teacher challenge to be in with a chance of winning a sports Equipment voucher for your school|
|Schools must register (using form provided below) before 21st September 2020. One entry per class. Winner will be selected from registered entries|
|Registered schools will be in with a chance of winning a €150 Schools Equipment Voucher|
|Workplaces can encourage employees to #BeActive on National Fitness Day. Tag us in your workplace initiative to be in with the chance of winning a Fitbit|
|Workplaces must register (form provided below) before 21st September 2020. One entry per place of work (address) in order to be in with a chance of winning a Fitbit!|
· Upload your picture/video of getting involved in National Fitness Day and Tag @irelandactive with the #fitnessdayIRL
With more people working from home, less time with your co-workers and perhaps less opportunity to be active, now is the best time to reinvigorate staff with National Fitness Day. Each year workplaces have got involved with
There are many things you can do to involve your workplace on the day:
• Contact your local fitness facility to find out what National Fitness Day activities are running, maybe your team could sign up to a spin class or finish the work day with a yoga class. (See map to find your nearest participating facility)
• Organise a lunchtime walking group and a healthy lunch to celebrate wellness in your organisation
• Walk or cycle to work. If like many of us you are working from home make an extra effort to incorporate physical activity into your daily life.
• Organise a work place challenge or charity event, contact your local facility to find out about
available spaces (astro-pitches, sports hall) or maybe you have space outside your office.
Activities could include a step challenge, virtual exercise class or a dance marathon!
Let us know how you will be spending the most active day of the year and don’t forget to encourage
your colleagues to get involved and try something new!
We want to encourage REPs Ireland exercise professionals to get involved with National Fitness Day.
Whether you provide personal training, gym instruction, group fitness classes or simply love getting people more active in your day job or in a voluntary capacity this is your chance to celebrate fitness! Some suggestions for your National Fitness Day celebration may include an exercise class, a plank/sit up/burpee challenge, challenge the trainer, 5km run/walk etc. the choice is yours! Be creative and most importantly, be active!
On the day will be running an online competition in partnership with the National Dairy Council. We want to see how you are being active on National Fitness Day !
To enter the competition:
- Take pictures/ videos of you and your clients/participants being active
- Upload to social media using the hashtag #FitnessDayIRL
- Don’t forget to tag and follow @repsireland and @ndc_ie
- All entries will be put into a draw to win some fantastic prizes
- The winner will be selected from the tagged entries
- Entries posted after the 24th September 2020 will not be eligible for the competition
ways to get involved
Take to the great outdoors with your National Fitness Day activity. Many leisure centres, sports clubs and schools have outdoor pitches, tennis courts and basketball courts to name a few! A great way to introduce sport to your daily activity. Workplaces can get outdoors with a step challenge, walk to work (even if that is some do a loop near to home) or simply walking the dog! Whatever gets you moving
Participating leisure, health & fitness centres across the country will open their facilities on National Fitness Day, with a host of events happing in your local area. National Fitness Day allows people of all ages the chance to avail of free activities in their local community and a range of taster sessions including yoga, aqua-aerobics, group exercise, Pilates, boxercise and fitness training, all run by qualified and registered fitness instructors.
In order to keep us fit and healthy during lockdown, many leisure centres began delivering exercises classes and virtual workout sessions online that you could tune it to from home. For those who may want to continue to workout from home, this is the perfect time to try a home workout as an indivual, in the workplace or even at school!